Hey, crafty friends! Thanks for stopping by the blog today! This week I have been sharing some fun cards featuring Winnie and Walter stamps and dies. Today’s post is showing their stamp set, CAROLINA’S FLORALS, along with the Brutus Monroe BUILD A CONE STENCIL.
I have seen many different images of floral cones across social media and I love the look! I decided to attempt a card in this style, and my long and skinny cards from CANVAS CORP BRANDS seemed like it would be a perfect card base for this theme.
I started by ink blending the cone onto my card base. This is mostly a one-layer card, with the exception of some die cuts adhered to the cone image. For the cone, I used the colors SUGAR CONE (of course!), SUEDE, and MACCHIATO. I tried to attempt some shading by keeping the darkest shade only to one side of the cone.
After the cone was ink blended, I grabbed a light brown color from my ZIG CLEAN COLOR BRUSH MARKERS and drew on some details to the cone. Next, I ink blended on three scoops of ice cream using my HONEYSUCKLE SURFACE INK, and then adding some darker shading on the bottom of the ice cream scoops using FIRE ENGINE INK from Pink and Main.
I knew I wanted to make a fun sprinkle background, so I traced and cut out the cone from some BRUTUS MONROE MASKING PAPER, adhered it over the cone, and then used the BUILD A CONE STENCIL again to add sprinkles. The masking made it look like the sprinkles continued behind the cone, and was just the look I was going for. The sprinkles were added using GARGOYLE SURFACE INK.
Then, I added all the flowers to the cone. I used my ZIG CLEAN COLOR MARKERS again to color directly onto the stamp, and then spritz the pigment with some water using the Brutus Monroe H2O MISTER. This made the Zig color start to run, so when I stamped it onto my watercolor paper, it made the image look watercolored. Such a fun technique! You will be able to see this technique better in my video above.
After the flowers were all stamped out, I dried them with my HEAT TOOL and then die cut them out.
Adding the flowers to the cone was simple. After I decided how I wanted to arrange them, I adhered them using my Brutus Monroe CRAFT GLUE, and popped a few up on foam adhesive, as well. I tucked some ribbon behind a few flowers.
The sentiment was die cut using the “happy” die from the WINNIE AND WALTER STAMP SET, and then the word “birthday” is a Brutus Monroe die that will be available in their store soon! I needed a little more glitz on this card, so the “birthday” was die cut from some GLITTERSTOCK, and then I added a number of sequins to the background, as well.
Such a fun card and I love how it turned out! I think I will give this card to my husband and tell him to keep it and give it back to me on my birthday!
So thanks for joining me today! Be sure to check out the WINNIE AND WALTER BLOG as well, and please follow the links below to hop along to the rest of the Inspiration Team’s blogs. They have been doing some fabulous work with the Winnie and Walter stamps this week, as well!